Libraries are backbone of any civilized society and heart of any academic institution. Thus the central library at Guru Nanak University also acquires a prominent place among the students and faculty.
With the guidance of the Honorable Vice-Chancellor, the library is marching towards its goal by taking some good initiatives like providing fully air-condition facility in the library, e-resource zone as well as computer centre, separate server for library operation, good collection of books , journals and providing sufficient computers in the library for accessing E-Resources.
Central Library is having CCTV cameras for proper surveillance of the library.
Facilities available at Central Library of the university:
- Total area of the library is 2000 sqm.
- Working hours of the library is 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Separate Reading Hall for the faculty and students with seating capacity of 700 students
- E Journal package subscribed for IEEE, DELNET, BENTHAM, J-GATE, ASME, ASCE
- 200 Indian Print Journals are available in the Library
- Digital library and Internet Facility
- Open Access for all students and faculty members
- Photocopy and printing facility
- Book bank facility for needy and SC/ST students
- Collection of general reading book
- Collection of competitive exam related books
- Plagiarism Checking Service
- Access to MOOC Courses- NPTEL, Coursera, Spoken Tutorial