The Student Orientation Programme marks the beginning of the “Welcome Week” at Guru Nanak University. Before the students can start their new academic journey, we ensure that they are completely familiar with the life at Guru Nanak University. It marks the beginning of a new journey in their life and we assure that they will accrue a lifetime of memories. Here is their chance to acquaint their self with the campus, interact with the management and learn what the future holds for them here in the coming years.
Student orientation programme plays an important role in a student’s transition to a university life. Orientation programme is aimed at familiarizing the students to an unknown campus environment, its faculties and infrastructure of the university. It enables them to make essential connection with studies and develop network among other peers.
- To familiarize the students with the academic requirements of Guru Nanak University.
- To familiarize students with the campus environment, infrastructure, and other facilities
- To help students to define their goals and align these goals with the university goals
- To inculcate the spirit of teamwork and sportsmanship
- To help them become better professionals and above all better human beings
- The students would be familiar with academic requirements
- Students will understand the campus environment and will be familiar with all facilities
- Students would learn to identify and align their goals
- Students would understand the importance of teamwork, the role of each team member
- Help them become better individual
Student Orientation Programme (2022-2023)
The Student Orientation Programme for First year students of the university was organised on 15 th October, 2022. The Hon’ble President of the university Sardar Tavinder Singh Kohli , The Hon’ble Chancellor of the university Sardar Gagandeep Singh Kohli, the Hon’ble Vice Chancellor of the university, Dr. H.S. Saini, the Hon’ble Chief Guest of the day Mr. C. M. Venkata, the Guest of Honor Dr. Carson Castleman, the Dean, International Affairs Dr. Kiran Palla, USA, the Advisor R&D Dr. M. P. S. Ishar, and the Director, UIET Dr. Sanjeev Shrivastava, spoke on the occasion. All the Directors, Deans, Heads of the Institutions and Departments were introduced to the audience.
The Chief Guest, Mr. C. M. Venkata told the parents that they had taken the right decision to join their children at GNU and assured them that management and faculty members of GNU would try to take maximum care to ensure that the student focuses on education and doesn’t drift towards the negative elements.
The Hon. Vice Chancellor of the university, Dr. H.S. Saini, welcomed the fresher’s and spoke about utilizing this four-year period at GNU for becoming resourceful engineers who would be helpful to the nation.
The Director, UIET Dr. Sanjeev Shrivastava highlighted the importance of value-oriented education and urged the parents to inculcate discipline, values, good habits in their children in addition to providing best learning environment.
Queries from parents were attended at the end of the programme. Details of bus facility and book bank facility were displayed and told to the parents.