The University Institute of Medical Sciences (UIMS) focuses on providing high-quality medical education to its MBBS and Postgraduate students, as well as students studying associated biological sciences. UIMS aspires to develop a truly global model for medical education and to assist doctors in developing advanced and comprehensive medical care capabilities, as well as doctors who are skilled at working in clinical settings, have solid practical skills, and can play active roles in the healthcare industry.
The Institute has state-of-the-art research infrastructure resources that support academic and scientific collaboration to improve biological processes and illness diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. UIMS also provides leadership training to the next generation of scientists in order to increase diversity in the scientific workforce and expand research capacity across the country, ensuring the study’s viability and productivity.
After the completion of this programme, the graduates of the program will be able to…
- Apply basic concepts from biochemistry, molecular biology, and cell biology to a research challenge in the chosen specialty area.
- Apply laboratory abilities to a research challenge, such as experiment planning, data gathering, management, and analysis.
- Evaluate scientific literature critically.
- Apply fundamental concepts from biomedical sciences to public health challenges, particularly illness detection, treatment, and prevention.
- Recognize the value of biomedical scientific methodologies in public health.