Learning is the most essential tool to enhance the socio-economic growth of not only an individual but also of the entire nation. The higher education of the 21st century faces several challenges in providing skill-centric learning and meeting the needs of the industry and society on the global platform. To confront such challenges, GNU has established the Skill Development Centre which aims to upgrade skills to international standards through significant industry participation and develop necessary frameworks of standards for quality assurance. Along with the outstanding academic learning, students in our institution are practically oriented with the different skill sets, bridging the gap between academics and the industrial, and societal needs.
The Cell aims to promote skill development of the students and facilitating Industry exposure of Student/Faculty and also to inculcate among students the skill which can be the key to competitiveness in the corporate world.
Envision Guru Nanak University as the ultimate in Skill Development and nurturing entrepreneurial Skills.
Ensure Employability through industry development by developing a necessary mechanism to bridge Skill Gaps and foster new start-ups.
- Facilitate students to understand their latent skills.
- Map the skill of the students with the changing paradigm of employment.
- Promote Industry Linkage of Faculty through joint workshops/ visits.
- Inculcate a spirit of Entrepreneurship and enhance creativity and innovation among students.
- To conduct various skill development programmes for students and improve their employability.
- To promote entrepreneurship
- Provide mentorship and guidance to students through Alumni Association.
- To contribute to the Manpower Development of our Nation and to elevate the standards of youth socially and economically.
- To endorse the knowledge exchange programmes.
- Align the skill of students with the career of their choice.
The skill development centre of GNU conducts various skill-oriented programs like AI Programming, Machine learning, Cyber security, Internet of Things, Information System Security, Cloud Computing, Python Programming, Office Automation, Embedded Programming, Data Acquisition, CATIA V5, Robotics and PCB Design, tally ERP 9.0, Office Management, Industrial Relations and Solar power training programs courses in association with the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and National Skill Development Centre (NSDC) thereby honing the technical skills of the students and make them industry-ready. Beyond the institutional focus, the Skill Development Centre also extends its responsibility to the general public by conducting training programmes for the rural youth in occupations like welding, Electrician, Plumbing, and Lab Technician. In addition to that, having GNU known for its endless support for women empowerment, the centre also conducts exclusive Skill Development Courses like Beautician training, Baking and Tailoring for underprivileged and rural women under DDUGKY, PMKVY, NULM etc.