“We look down on our scientists if they engage in outside consultation. We implicitly promote the ivory tower.”
Guru Nanak University has been envisioned to emerge as a globally recognized university to create an academic environment conducive for research, consultancy and innovation-based projects. With this objective in mind and to provide adequate research guidance and resources University’sResearch & Development Centre has been established right in the first year of the inception of the University. The Research & Development Centre is devoted to coordinating research & consultancy activities in collaboration with industries.The R&D centre takes upon the responsibility of creating a workplace to attract the best talent and strives continuously in pooling skills and internal resources, creating strategy, overcoming limitations, and making the University proud to be amongst the best universities around the Globe.GNU’s Research and Development Centre provides research facilities through its state-of-the-art laboratories.
To support and enhance a cohesive university-wide environment of research excellence where faculty are inspired and challenged to push the boundaries of knowledge creation.
To be the voice of the research community, in all ways, ensure the optimal and effective use of intellectual, financial, and physical resources to foster an environment of research excellence throughout the university.
To be the premier research-intensive university and to be seen as a key partner in the development and advancement of national and international research and technology initiatives. To be leaders in the creation of a research environment that is second to none globally for the advancement of socially relevant research that dominates the world stage.
- Conduct world-class scientific research areas which are multidisciplinary in nature, long-term in outlook, and open to unknown territories.
- Technology transfer of research results to the industry and society.
- Sharing the latest knowledge with the students, researchers, faculty members, scientific community, media and the general public.
- Train undergraduate students, graduate students, researchers, PhD students, post-doctoral fellows, school teachers, and faculty members who in turn will be world-class experts through research activities.
- Serve as a hub to create technological synergies with faculty members and experts around the world.
- MOU with National & International Universities and Research Laboratories &Industries.
- Developing Students Exchange Programs.
- Promoting women researchers to avail the of national and international scholarships and schemes.
- To undertake research activities and development projects offered by agencies such as DRDO, RCI, DST, AICTE, UGC, etc
- To assist in applying and getting funds for conducting Seminar/Workshop/FDP from various available funding agencies
- Promoting ethics in research.