The Telangana State is one of the fastest growing states in the country especially the capital city of the State, i. e. Hyderabad, which is fast growing and is known as Pharmaceutical & educational & entrepreneurship hub, The capital city is well connected globally. A lot of education societies have come up catering to the educational needs of the growing city. Guru Nanak Education Society (GNES) was established in the year 1998 to bring a new revolution in the field of technical education. The first institute Guru Nanak Engineering College started in the year 2001 and soon made its presence felt in JNTUH and the society. The intake of the college increased from 240 students to almost 2100 students within a span 19 years. The institutions got upgraded to Technical Campus with schools of engineering, Pharmacy and MBA. The Guru Nanak University which is now being proposed to be co-located will be known for its research culture and excellence in offering Engineering, Management, Fine Arts, Basic and Applied Sciences, law, Education, Architecture, Medicine and Pharmacy.
Guru Nanak Education Society is one of the Philanthropic entities in India, which has played a pioneering role in changing the traditional ideas of charity. The commencement happened with the foundation of Guru Nanak Education Society in the year 1998. The Guru Nanak Education Society, Secunderabad was established in the year 1998 by visionary industrialist and well known philanthropist Sardar Tavinder Singh Kohli with the main objective of establishing, supporting and maintaining Technical, Engineering, Dental and allied Educational Institutions in the region. Progressively, the Society GNES has evolved as the promoter of Guru Nanak Institutions Technical Campus and Panineeya Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Centre spread across Hyderabad.
1998 Guru Nanak Educational Society, Secunderabad came into existence as the Registered Society (Regd.No.6559/1998)
2001 Established “Guru Nanak Engineering College”, Ibrahimpatnam, R. R. Dt,
2004 Established Panineeya Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Centre, Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad.
2005 Offered the MBA Course at GNEC with its intake of 480 students as on date.
2006 1). Established “Guru Nanak Institute of Pharmacy”, Ibrahimpatnam, 2). Commenced the M.Tech Courses at GNEC and of 576 students as on date.
2007 NBA Accreditation Approved for Guru Nanak Engineering College.
Established “Guru Nanak Institute of Technology” at Ibrahimpatnam (Formerly “JSN Institute of Engineering & Technology”)
Established “Guru Nanak Institute of Engineering & Technology” (GNIET) at Nagpur, Maharashtra
2008 1). Established “Guru Nanak Institute of PG Studies (MBA) and GNiPGS (MCA), Ibrahimpatnam.
2) Established “Guru Nanak Institute of Engineering& Management”, Nagpur
2009 Established “Guru Nanak Business School” , Ibrahimpatnam
2010 1). Established “Guru Nanak Institute of Engineering & Technology”, Ibrahimpatnam
2). Established “The Edify School, DRS Education”, Nagpur
2012 All institutions at Ibrahimpatnam rechristened in to Guru Nanak Institution Technical Campus (GNITC) by merging Engineering, pharmacy, MBA and MCA.
2012 AICTE, New Delhi Approval to admit Foreign National / PIO students to Guru Nanak Institutions Technical Campus in to Under Graduate Engineering and Pharmacy Programs since the academic year 2012 – 13
2014 NBA Accreditation approved for Guru Nanak Institutions Technical Campus for UG Courses of Computer Science & Engineering, Civil engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering
2017 Awarded NAAC (A+) with a score of 3.53 valid up to Oct 2022 for GNITC
2016-17 Approval of Autonomous Status to Guru Nanak Institutions Technical Campus by UGC, New Delhi and its affiliation to JNTUH, Hyderabad
Achievements and Awards:
- Guru Nanak Institutions Technical Campus acquired Feather in its cap, NAAC A+ accreditation conferred by National Assessment and Accreditation Council, an Autonomous body set up by the University Grants Commission.
- The Management of GNES has signed an agreement with Adobe Ireland to provide specialization courses to the students of Engineering. GNES happen to be the 1st Institution in the TS & AP to offer these Specialization courses for 2 years.
- GNES is collaborating with Red Hat to create GNES-Red Hat Academy at the GNES Hyderabad Campus.
- GNES signed an MOU with Mr. Ned Mody Site Director, Berkadia (Warren Buffet Company) for training and placement.
- GNES has been conferred with Asian Arab Award – 2019 by Asian Arab Chamber of Commerce on 30th March 2019 at Taj Krishna, Hyderabad.
- GNES has collaborated with IIC to establish services in GNES. The Institutions Innovation Councils (IICs) of Guru Nanak Institutions of Technical Campus (GNITC) received Recognition from the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) on 21st November 2018.
- National Andhra Pradesh Summit & Awards 2014 Conferred GNITC with “Excellent Innovation Institute in Andhra Pradesh “Award.
- Award for “Excellent Campus Recruitment in the state” during the CMAI – 2nd National Andhra Pradesh Education Summit & Award 2015, Supported by Department of MNRE GOI, department of MSME- GOI, AICTE, and Association of Indian Universities.
- Award of Excellence – It was a moment of great honor and pride for the management of GNI, for their continuous Industries efforts in providing quality education to the students which has been acknowledged at the Inaugural Ceremony of Indian Board of Endodontics on 14th nov. Received the award from Governor of Andhra Pradesh Shri E.S.L. Narsimham.
- Best Place to Innovate Award on 26th oct 2013 during UXINDIA13 International Conference at IIM Bangalore for GNES.